HD VetCo is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization serving veterans and their families in southern CA, specifically the High Desert Area. We work arm and arm with corporate sponsors to deliver services and outreach.
We appreciate the support of community volunteers, corporate partners and contributions from donors.
HD VetCO mission
HD VETCO is a unified voice in advocating for veterans and their families in our community. We connect veterans to information, knowledge, support and resources in the community with help of our volunteers and partners.
- Mr. Gregory Lincoln, Founder / Director
- Mr. Keston Wright, Assoc. Director
- Norma A. Lincoln. Secretary Treasurer
Daily Count of Veteran Suicides
How We Got Started
HD VetCo was founded in 2012 by Gregory Lincoln to provide support for veterans and families in the High Desert region of Southern California. There is much-deserved focus on veterans from the post 9/11 era, but not as much as the men and women who served in Vietnam.
Lincoln, a retired M.P. in the U.S. Marine Corps has made it his mission to reach out to all vets – no matter when or where they served.
- Homeless Veterans
- Surviving Spouses
- Low-income veterans & their families
To create a community consisting of Veteran’s volunteers, private and industrial sector and people united in the care of veterans and their families.
- To provide a vehicle for the flow of relevant information pertaining to veterans to be distributed to the community.
- To reduce duplication of services.
- To be a resource for the community in the education of issues pertaining to veterans.
- To include surrounding counties to share in our community of support for veterans.
- To provide networking opportunities to all who serve veterans.
- To become a unified voice in advocating for the veterans of our community.
- To provide a forum for those serving veterans to identify issues and create reasonable solutions.
HD VETCO is entirely volunteer run. We focus our efforts in three areas:
Dealing with the V.A. can feel very overwhelming. For veterans with physical or mental health issues- it is an ongoing source of frustration. For lower income families, it’s can be even harder.
We work with community organizations to deliver the services that low income families need. We help to feed homeless veterans, work with 3H and run a Community Ambassador Program.
We help to provide workskills that offer our veterans the dignity and security of a good paying job. Our Y-Knot Success Center is the location for skill development and entrepreneurship training.
HD VETCO is open to all veterans, but we are particularly committed to three target groups:
Over 40,000 veterans are homeless. It’s such a shameful statistic and it’s not about them. We work with volunteers, community ambassadors to improve their quality of life.
The impact of losing a loved one is impossible to describe. The grief, the loneliness, the isolation. Our goal is provide survivors with companionship and a sense of community.
Low Income Veterans
Veterans and their families, particularly those with disabilities struggle to make ends meet. We try to get them connected to services, make sure they have enough to eat and improve job opportunities.
About HD VET CO
HD VetCo is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization serving veterans and their families in southern CA, specifically the High Desert Area.
We envision a community coalition with a single unified voice to advocate for veterans. We appreciate your help.